The Bekah

I am going to write about Bekah a little bit differently than I have written about the others. I always used to joke that Bekah and I are "soulmate bffs", but that's also not a joke and I wholeheartedly believe that. Jesus knew exactly what we needed, and He provided.

Throughout my semester at Trinity Western University in Langley, BC, Bekah was the one that helped me feel comfortable in a very uncomfortable situation. I was a 40 hour drive away from home, I had nobody familiar around me and I had no idea what I was doing there. I finishing my sophomore year of university and I still had no clue what to major in. I got very homesick and did not enjoy dorm life (Note: I LOVED THE GIRLS I LIVED WITH. They were AMAZING and I am so so so blessed to have had them in my life. Me not enjoying dorm life has nothing to do with their personalities or character. I would love to be able to get together with all of them again). Throughout being extremely overwhelmed for 3 months straight, Bekah kept me sane. And despite my discomfort, I would not trade that experience for the world. I learned so many things at TWU that I never would have learned from home. I have even been able to bring what I learned at TWU and implement it into my ministries in my own hometown. I never had to trust God with my life more than I needed to at TWU because I was completely in the unknown when I was there.

This is why I say Bekah and I are soulmate bffs. Jesus calls us to be uncomfortable. We grow in the uncomfortable. We cling to Jesus when we are in the uncomfortable and it strengthens our faith. That is exactly what happened to me. And you know what else Jesus promises? That he is the provider of comfort. He promises to never leave you nor forsake you. I understand that through the Holy Spirit we are never alone, even if we don't have a physical person with us. I do, however, believe that God places the right people in the right places in the right times. I truly think that Bekah was an example of that comfort that Jesus promises.

Bekah is kind, caring, asks a lot of questions and is a wonderful listener. I want you to all be encouraged by her heart and to support your friends in all seasons of life. Bekah and I will be friends for forever because we were there for each other and were intentional in our time together, which was all because of Jesus. When you wear the Bekah, remember that sometimes just showing up and being present is the exact comfort that somebody needs. I pray that you are patient and you are comforting to your friends, which is exactly what Bekah was for me. As Bekah and I did struggle with similar things during those months, she showed me that whether you can see it or not, you are where you need to be for a reason. We were both in uncomfortable situations, and we lifted each other up through it. The time she put into me encouraged me to put that time back into her as well. Let this encourage you to remember to use the time and place you are in to show up for those around you even when times are hard.

Comments